HortiBox – Outdoor Grow Boxes
The HortiBox is a meticulously designed outdoor grow box equipped to satisfy your horticulture needs!
The HortiBox has been specifically designed to provide your plants with an awesome grow environment,
- Fully Insulated
- 100% Light Tight
- Weather Resistant
- Sleek Design
- Great Build Quality
NOTE: 2 week turnaround time on delivery. These Hortiboxes are made on order 🙂
These are just a few traits of this incredible grow box.
The HortiBox was born to provide growers the freedom to take their indoor garden, outside.
Think of the HortiBox as a five-star hotel room for your favorite plants!
Price – Custom built to any size you require, quote on request.
As with many great ideas and inventions, the HortiBox was born to solve a problem.
If you want to grow “indoor”, but you simply don’t have the space indoors, this is your answer.
The design of the HortiBox has been driven by the primary obstacles that needed to be overcome! Being an outside unit, the HortiBox is subjected to all weather conditions, rain, wind, hail, baking sun etc.
- The HortiBox is 100% fully insulated. Floor, walls, roof, and door all fully insulted.
- Roof – Approx R Value 1,73
- Floor – Approx R Value 2.2
- Walls & Door – Approx R Value 1,42
- Great care has been taken to ensure that the HortiBox is 100% sealed when closed (Other than the inlet and outlet of the box obviously). The door of the HortiBox has been fitted with two heavy duty clamp style handles ensuring the door is completely sealed when closed. This allows the grower to have full control over the airflow through the box.
- The HortiBox has been fitted with an Inlet and Outlet manifold to best isolate the inside of the HortiBox from the outside conditions.
- Due to the aforementioned, the HortiBox is very effective at holding heat and keeping heat out!
- NOTE – many factors impact the temperature control within the HortiBox. Lighting (type & size), extraction fan, additional heating etc.
Weather resistance & maintenance
- The HortiBox has been designed to withstand all weather conditions! (Within reason obviously)
- The construction is incredibly solid with no shortcuts taken. All timber used is exterior grade and has been bonded together using cold glue and screws.
- All hardware exposed to the elements is corrosion resistant (Aluminium), i.e door hinges and manifold vents.
- Every exterior square inch of the HortiBox has received 3 coats of high quality fibre-reinforced acrylic waterproofing paint. This provides the HortiBox with a thick and incredibly durable exterior skin. As a result, the HortiBox is 100% water tight, water proof and practically maintenance free!
Transport & assembly
- With transport and assembly in mind, the HortiBox has a modular design. Size dependant, the HortiBox consists of a number of sub assembled components that can be easily erected on site. The sub assemblies also assist in a ‘flat-pack’ style of disassembly and transport for the HortiBox.
- Should you wish to relocate your HortiBox, the aforementioned will make your life far easier!
‘Standard’ grow equipment compatibility with the HortiBox
- The HortiBox comes standard with an outlet ducting spigot installed ready for your extraction ducting to fit directly onto, ‘plug and play’. (Spigot size dependant on HortiBox size or as per clients request)
- If required, an additional spigot can be fitted for an active intake.
- Lighting, extraction fan, carbon filter, oscillating fans, trellis netting etc can all be easily installed in the Hortibox.
Pests and bugs
- The HortiBox comes standard with an interchangeable bug net covering the intake of the box. The bug net can be accessed and cleaned from the inside of the HortiBox.
Electrical feed to the HortiBox
- The HortiBox includes an electrical gland into the box ensuring a weather tight seal. Positioning and size of gland can be as per the clients request.
- Multi-plugs, timers etc can be easily fixed within the HortiBox for all your grow equipment.
Indoor grow environment
- The interior of the HortiBox is painted fully white for optimal light reflectivity.
- The floor of the HortiBox is completely waterproofed ensuring that runoff and spilt water does not do any damage.
1 – Why should I get a HortiBox?
The HortiBox solves a number of problems faced by many. Just a few examples:
- You don’t have enough space indoors for a grow tent/indoor setup? Get a HortiBox.
- Yourself, or your significant other is tired of the indoor grow setup being in the house? Get a HortiBox.
- You currently have an indoor grow setup in the spare room, but you’re about to have a baby! Get a HortiBox.
- Indoor grow setup making too much noise, too much smell? Get a HortiBox.
- You just want something very cool to show your friends? You know what to do!
2 – Does the HortiBox come in standard sizes?
No, each HortiBox is custom built to meet the clients requirements.
3 – Where are HortiBoxes available?
Only in Cape Town for now.
4 – Will my HortiBox be delivered & assembled for me onsite?
The delivery cost will be for the clients account – location/distance dependant.
Cost for assembly of the HortiBox on-site is FREE!
5 – What about a hardstand/foundation for the HortiBox to stand on.
Unless you wanting to position your HortiBox on a hill! A few well placed paver slabs on compacted soil will do the trick! Any costs related to the hardstand will need to be quoted on separately.
6 – Can the HortiBox be moved/re-located?
Absolutely, the HortiBox disassembles into manageable sized sub assemblies.